COVID-19 Reopen Plans
At All Children’s Speech Therapy, we are pleased to provide the utmost safety and standards. As such, we are taking precautions to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff as we commence our reopen plan. Our plans will take place in phases whereby teletherapy will be continually offered and we will slowly introduce in-person sessions and where possible in-home sessions over the coming weeks.
ACST has developed new policies based on the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC and WorkSafe BC guidelines. Some of these policies include strict adherence to:
-use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
-hand hygiene practices
-screening all individuals (staff and clients for health risks)
-modifications to the home environment for in-home sessions
-use of more open spaces within the clinic as opposed to enclosed rooms during the initial weeks of transition
We kindly ask that anyone who presents with symptoms including shortness of breath, a cough, fever or any difficulty breathing refrain from visiting the clinic and to avoid scheduling any at-home or in-office sessions. Please instead consult your physician and reschedule your appointment until after you have cleared the 14 day quarantine in good health.
When you arrive at the clinic:
Please remain in your vehicle and text your clinician to inform them that you have arrived. Please wait to enter until your clinician responds letting you know that you may enter the building. No guests other than one parent/caregiver and one client are permitted to attend at a given time.
1. Please complete our COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire
2. Everyone in the clinic is required to bring and wear masks at all times.
3. Hand sanitizer is available for use upon entering.
4. Please maintain 2 meters distance from anyone in the building at all times.
We aim to accommodate your needs, however we may not be able to provide home visits in all circumstances. A completed In-Home Session Questionnaire will be reviewed before any at home sessions can be offered to ensure suitability for staff and service delivery. We regret that we are currently not able to provide sessions at daycares and schools for the moment and will update you once we will offer them again.
Before a clinician arrives at your home:
1. Please complete our COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire & In-Home Session Questionnaire
2. Ensure that you can provide a clean and well ventilated space, where the clinician would not need to come into contact with anyone other than the client and one parent/caregiver.
3. Outdoor spaces are recommended where possible and when weather permits.
4. All individuals in the home must wear a mask and sanitize their hands before the session.
5. Ensure that 2 meters distance can be maintained throughout the entire session.
Our clinicians are expected to maintain social distancing, to properly disinfect surfaces and materials before and after sessions and to wear proper personal protective equipment at each visit. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our director at (604) 367-7924. We look forward to working with you as we navigate this next phase together.